Carbon Monoxide Safety

 

Carbon monoxide or CO is a colorless and odorless gas. CO poisoning can occur when a fuel-burning appliance or machine, such as a furnace, heater or generator, is not working or vented properly. Breathing in CO at high levels can be fatal.

 

Learn what you can do to protect your family from the dangers of CO.

 

  • Install and maintain CO alarms inside your home to provide early warning of CO.

  • Install CO alarms in a central location outside each separate sleeping area and on every level of your home.

  • Use portable generators outdoors in well-ventilated areas away from all doors, windows and vents.

  • Make sure vents for the dryer, furnace, stove and fireplace are clear of snow and other debris.

  • Remove vehicles from the garage immediately after starting.

4051 Martin Rd

Duluth, MN 55803

Telephone:

218-728-1315

Call 911 for emergencies

 

© 2023 Rice Lake Fire Department

  • White Instagram Icon
  • White Facebook Icon